Thank you very much once again for taking the time to give us your views on your experiences relating to appointment availability and your GP Consultations at Bramhall Health Centre.
You may click on the link below to view the results of our previous surveys which are contained in our report.
BHC Latest Report March 2014
Looking at the above data, (compiled from the responses from the patient members who participated in our survey), we have made the following observations and suggested them as a starting point for actions for the coming year. These initial findings were discussed with a small focus group at the practice in the first instance and also emailed out to the wider patient group. They were also put on the PRG noticeboard in the waiting area for people to see and comment on.
- Continue to publicise to patients the Extended Hours appointments that we currently offer. Make posters/signage more prominent and encourage staff to communicate these appointments to patients. A recent audit of the current use of these appointments has indicated that they are being more widely used by the patient population and not just by a small number of frequent patients;
- We will continue to monitor access by telephone and look for any ways in which we can improve telephone response time in busy periods. Since last year, we have made changes so that more staff members ‘log in’ to the telephone system at peak periods to respond to patient demand, and look at workflow streams to see if tasks can be better managed in busy periods;
- Review our current process to monitor the frequency of missed appointments to try and encourage people to cancel appointments when they are unable to attend, thereby making more appointments available and avoiding wasted GP time and increasing patient access.
- Publicise our new quarterly Patient Newsletter (first issue being drafted and due to be available in May) to keep patients informed of developments at the practice and improve communication
- Continue to act on and respond to patient feedback/comments to ensure we are giving our best service
Patients were in agreement about our action plan and very positive feedback was received.